The Relay For Life of Second Life is a life-changing event. No event in Second Life matches that experience 1:1. The experience is the beauty and interactivity of the regions, combined with the emotional support of the community.
In 2018, we want to make the best use of our volunteers’ time and the regions through which we walk. Everyone who contributes to the beauty and the experience of the event is important to the overall experience. With that in mind, here are a few of the new ideas that we plan to implement for 2018:
- Every registered team is eligible to claim a campsite from the following options
- Custom campsite – 1/8 region, empty parcel where your team builds your own interactive experience.
- Turnkey campsite – 1/8 parcel of a ‘Designer’ region that includes pre-built campsites that fit the theme of the region. Teams don’t have to build anything and have an opportunity to decorate their parcel.
- Shared campsite – multiple teams and/or individuals can share a parcel
- We will work with large teams if your campsite size is too small.
- Teams will need to actively RSVP to the campsite request in order to reserve your campsite. The RSVP for campsites will be made available during the second half of the season.
- There is no limit to the number of custom, turnkey, or shared campsites.
- There will be common areas established for volunteers, supporters, participants, sponsors, etc. who do not opt for a campsite.