After reviewing the fundraising guidelines, we concluded that they have become more of an obstacle than an asset in creating the environment that our Relay teams need to be successful. Therefore, we have simplified the guidelines to align with our core values.
The goal of the guidelines is to establish trust and flexibility for those who wish to support the Relay For Life of Second Life. This list is meant to guide you in your decisions for planning your fundraising event.
This is an online virtual fundraiser, unlike any others. If there are any questions about these guidelines, please contact the RFL of SL Event Leaders to discuss. There may be times of special circumstances considering the platform that we are utilizing to fundraise.
- Make sure your fundraising events are tasteful. Fundraising events should be held within good moral standing as to represent the American Cancer Society.
- Volunteers and/or teams are responsible for their own events. The RFL of SL committee is not responsible for regulating team fundraisers or events, but may offer coaching and advice.
- The RFL of SL committee is not responsible for planning, organizing, and/or executing team fundraising events.
- The American Cancer Society and the RFL of SL committee can only vouch for fundraising activity that utilizes officially approved fundraising tools.
- The Relay For Life and American Cancer Society logos should not be used on any item that is for sale.
The American Cancer Society reserves the right to deny association with any avatar or fundraising event at any time.